Z edition rear lip

Pb63
Vorname: Paul
Spamabfrage: No Human

Z edition rear lip

Post by Pb63 »

Hallo alle,

Please excuse me for writing in English here. My German is not so good.

I am from England and own a 200sx s14a. I am trying to find the rear bumper lip that was on the Z edition 200sx which I am sure you all know. Here we can only get the fibreglass copy but I am looking for the original item which was abs plastic but only made in small numbers for the European market.

If anyone knows of one available for sale please let me know as I would be interested. My car here 😊

Danke
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Marco_S14.Kouki
Mitglied
Mitglied
Vorname: Marco
Spamabfrage: boosted

Re: Z edition rear lip

Post by Marco_S14.Kouki »

Hey man pretty neat whip you got there :handgestures-thumbupright:
these lips getting pretty rare nowerdays and if you are lucky to find one that isnt cut like mine because of a bigger exhaust people
asking for very high prices. but anyway i'm sorry but i dont know of any that is for sale atm.

you can hire jdmdistro for you to find one. or you try to finde one directly in japan via crooober or yahoo.auctions

Pb63

Post by Pb63 »

Thanks for the reply and the compliment on the whip 😊

Loving your green car too. I prefer the standard or original lines which is why I think the z edition lip suits it as the back is just missing something on the standard car. I also have the kouki wing to go on, but need this lip to go with it I think. Then I think my car is done externally as its very compliant on English roads which are not as good as German ones I bet! Currently Nismo S tune suspension which is nice but not too firm…

Thanks for the tips and how and where to possibly locate. I have tracked one down in Belgium, but it is cut for a bigger exhaust too. I am running a hks hi power silent so maybe it should fit ok without too much repair or modification. Yes they are expensive aren’t they especially when you include import taxes etc…

Marco_S14.Kouki
Mitglied
Mitglied

Pb63 wrote:
09.09.2021, 13:45
I have tracked one down in Belgium, but it is cut for a bigger exhaust too. I am running a hks hi power silent so maybe it should fit ok without too much repair or modification.
gotta be careful because they tend to get very weak on the cutting point. mine was fresh painted and the paint cracked at that spot because it is so weak. depends a bit on how much he cut away. but yeah basically you are right without the lip the car doesnt look that good. There are some fibreglass ones from byba but they are only for the rear quaterpanels
2021-09-09_15h49_43.png
Pb63 wrote:
09.09.2021, 13:45
Loving your green car too. I prefer the standard or original lines which is why I think the z edition lip suits it as the back is just missing something on the standard car.
Thanks you`re welcome :)
IMG_20210902_194533.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pb63

Post by Pb63 »

Marco_S14.Kouki wrote:
09.09.2021, 14:52

gotta be careful because they tend to get very weak on the cutting point. mine was fresh painted and the paint cracked at that spot because it is so weak. depends a bit on how much he cut away. but yeah basically you are right without the lip the car doesnt look that good. There are some fibreglass ones from byba but they are only for the rear quaterpanels
Thanks that’s an interesting and good point about potential weak areas left over. I will see if maybe we can reinforce from the inside or at worst dissect it from underneath so the flex is less likely to crack paint. Will speak to my body shop on what they recommend.

Yes I’ve seen the fibreglass quarters which are copies from the Zenki originals, but for me not as nice as the z edition as you’re left with the quarter panel lines which is ok if you then replace side skirts with Navans or something similar to follow that line. I’m trying to keep mine street friendly and OEM ‘ish spec where possible though so will hold out for original items. The fibre glass copy of the z edition lip over here doesn’t look as good as the original. It’s missing the shape in the sides somehow to me. Love the sunset pic. That’s beautiful 🤩

Marco_S14.Kouki
Mitglied
Mitglied

Pb63 wrote:
09.09.2021, 15:37

Thanks that’s an interesting and good point about potential weak areas left over. I will see if maybe we can reinforce from the inside or at worst dissect it from underneath so the flex is less likely to crack paint. Will speak to my body shop on what they recommend.
yea so the weakness is only present when its disconnected from the bumper. if its glued/mounted it is no problem at all.

J.Lindmann
Boardinventar
Boardinventar
Vorname: Carsten
Spamabfrage: wer weiß..

Post by J.Lindmann »

Marco_S14.Kouki wrote:
09.09.2021, 12:38
you can hire jdmdistro for you to find one. or you try to finde one directly in japan via crooober or yahoo.auctions
I doubt that this would be very promising as these lips were only available in Europe (or Germany even?)

I would suggest looking through german market places like ebay classifieds on a regular basis and to be very quick whenever one of these pop up.
Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie den DLPG ausdrucken!
Mein Schleifmobil - Specs & Bilder...alles was das Herz begehrt

Marco_S14.Kouki
Mitglied
Mitglied

J.Lindmann wrote:
10.09.2021, 07:20
Marco_S14.Kouki wrote:
09.09.2021, 12:38
I doubt that this would be very promising as these lips were only available in Europe (or Germany even?)

I would suggest looking through german market places like ebay classifieds on a regular basis and to be very quick whenever one of these pop up.
you never know if you dont try ;) they were only sold to the EU but were very popular over the world. I've seen builds in japan or murica where they also got the lip kit on. so I'd give it a try. They cant answer more than a "NO"

geiserp
Sticker Masta'
Spamabfrage: bUyV1aGrA

Post by geiserp »

Well i can shed some light in here. Z eds lips were exclusively built in germany by a german manufactor. All the Z- racing- and sportline eds were only available in germany. They are very rare these days hard to spot one especially uncuted.

If you want I can search in our german whatapp parts group, there are lot more participants as here.
Top speed runs are killers no matter how well the car is set up.

Pb63

Post by Pb63 »

geiserp wrote:
14.09.2021, 08:01
Well i can shed some light in here. Z eds lips were exclusively built in germany by a german manufactor. All the Z- racing- and sportline eds were only available in germany. They are very rare these days hard to spot one especially uncuted.

If you want I can search in our german whatapp parts group, there are lot more participants as here.
Thanks very much for your kind offer. I have managed to track one down and it is being shipped to me from the Netherlands. Fingers crossed it survives the journey. It is cut but then I think I would have to mod it anyway as I have HKS silent exhaust which is quite big too. Hopefully I will get it prepared and painted this year and will share photos when done 👍

Shame they cannot be built again in plastic. I’m sure they could sell quite well if the moulds were still available.